If you are in the process of applying or planning to apply for a dependent pass for your spouse, children or any other person in Kenya, here are a few simple facts that you must know:
You can apply for a dependent pass for the following:
1. Legally Married spouse of opposite sex ( Marriage certificate a must).
2. Your children below the age of 18 years ( Birth certificates showing your relationship to them required)
3. Any other person that absolutely depends on you eg parents, brother or sister among others( You Must qualify this using documentary evidence such as medical documents etc)
NB: The following people SHALL NOT be given a dependent pass in Kenya:
1. Gay couples.
2. Un-married partners.
3. Fiances/boyfriends or girlfriends.
4. people who are a security threat to Kenya to mention just but a few.
Although spouses of Kenyans are entitled to a dependent pass on application in the prescribed manner, the Department of Immigration vets all such applications and considers them on case by case and may at any time request for additional documents to support the application….such application can also be rejected!
( please watch this space for step by step process of applying for a dependent pass)