As many of us now know, all applications for visas to Kenya will be done online starting September 1, 2015.
Below are the latest updates on this process:
- The most direct way of applying is going to: https://account.ecitizen.go.ke/visitor-registration (Thanks to a follower of this blog one Jakegc who gave me this link)
That will take you straight to the place you can apply for the Kenyan Visa.
2. According to updates from the key stakeholders in the tourism sector from their meeting today ( August 19, 2015) with the Director of Immigration the following will happen: ( As quoted from Mohammed Hersi’s Facebook update earlier today)
- soon the e-visa application process will be on its own Domain: evisa.go.ke to make it easier for visitors to Kenya to apply.
- All e-visas will be available within 48-72 hours upon application.
- For 60 days from September 1 both e-visa and visa on arrival will be available.
- e-visa kiosks will be available at the JKIA-Nairobi and MIA-Mombasa to process e-visas for Tourists and other deserving visitors
- Please note that this is still work in progress and the Director of Immigration has been very open to positive suggestions and ways to make this better….
- See the link below for more updates on this https://www.facebook.com/mohammed.hersi2010/posts/10153556487237422
Please also note that soon all other Immigration services including the application of Work Permits, Passes and the Alien Card will go online….this is most likely to be in September.
watch this space for more updates soon
2 thoughts on “KENYA E-VISA: THE LATEST UPDATES”
“For 60 days from September 1 both e-visa and visa on arrival will be available.”
Does that mean that visa on arrival will be available till November 1? Or did you mean to say that e-visa and visa on arrival will be available till September 1? I ask because everything I have seen online says that visa on arrival stops on September 1.
It means that there will availability of both systems until November but on limited scale and mostly to those with genuine challenges….for most people the online system is highly encouraged